Impossible is...Impossible








There are certain things we all assume are impossible. A lot of these things are not true, and they prevent us from living our true, happiest lives.

I was surprised this month, while working out with a trainer, and I had this concept illustrated for me.

The first training session, I could barely lift 10 pounds. My arms were shaking! Of course they were...weights are something that I felt were "impossible" for me, as I only considered myself "moderately athletic." I wasn't really surprised that I was struggling.

Three weeks later, my trainer looked at me, confused, and said, "You look stronger. I wonder how much you can actually lift."

He tested it out. He started with 10, but kept adding more and more weight. 30....40....50. Shockingly, I was able to easily life this weight without much struggle. Then he put it up to 70 pounds! I had never in my life lifted 70 pounds. But I lifted it, quite easily.

This was only 3 weeks after I could barely lift 10 pounds. I then did 195 pounds with my legs. 

I then realized that I had a belief that something was "impossible." This had prevented me from even considering picking up that weight.

WE DON'T TRY THINGS THAT ARE "IMPOSSIBLE" BECAUSE THEY ARE A WASTE OF TIME.

And this belief enables us to BELIEVE things are impossible -- which have been possible all the time.

There are probably a LOT of things you have never even considered for yourself, because they feel "impossible." If you were to only try just a bit, you might see these "impossible" things dissolve at your feet.

What's your list of "impossible things?" Take a small step to proving that these things are NOT impossible at all.




Comments

Life Coach said…
It is best to become open-minded and see how other people do their coaching sessions. Of course, you should not just copy what they do but instead, you should learn from those.
Career coaching helps individuals discover, what they really want to do, with their lives and then, develop a strategy, to achieve it. Career coaching is particularly relevant, when you are faced with, a change. Promotion, change of job, redundancy – or even retirement. A career coach can help you identify, as what you really, want out of life – what would really give you satisfaction, making you feel, fulfilled. 
Unknown said…
There are some instances that those people who have experienced having a life coach after their session they are also inspired to become a life coach. That is why it is great that know they can have these trainings and earn certificates that would make them certified to become a life coach. amy walker personal coaching

Popular posts from this blog

Feel happier, right now!

Entrepreneurs, are you a Visionary or a Doer?

My response to: 18 Ugly Truths About Modern Dating That You Have To Deal With