Take control! Choose your thoughts.

Choose your thoughts for the day, the way you'd select your outfit.

You don't tell people, "I can't change this outfit. I've been wearing it for a month. It's just what I wear."

No.

You can change your clothes, and you can change your thoughts. When you find thoughts that no longer support your goals, simply change them.

Yes, thoughts become habits. This is a good thing, because your NEW thoughts will become a strong good habit in 2-3 weeks.

HOW TO DO IT

1) What thoughts will support your goals?


2) REPEAT THESE THOUGHTS to yourself throughout your day.


3) DON'T BLOCK YOUR FEELINGS. On the flip side, listen to your feelings and feel them completely, without judging. Then correct any untrue thoughts.

Example:

1) Today I'm going to eat healthy because it makes me feel good.

2) Repeat this thought during day to self. Write it on a sticky at your desk. Set your cell phone to alert you to the thought several times a day -- just set it as an item on your phone calendar (3pm "I'm going to eat healthy because it makes me feel good.")

3) Notice that you're feeling anxious and intensely jealous watching someone eat chocolate cake). Let the feeling exist until it evaporates. Ask yourself "hmm, I wonder what this feeling is about? I wonder what would make me feel this way? Keep asking until you discover the CAUSE of this feeling. ALL feelings have a cause. Identifying it will give you greater knowledge. Perhaps you discover "I hate anyone who gets to eat whatever they want. It isn't fair."

4) Correct untrue thoughts. Listening to feelings allows you access to uncovering untrue thoughts, which need correcting. The correct, supportive thought is, "I don't hate people who can eat what they want. It's fair, because they probably worked hard to improve their metabolism -- if they didn't, all of that unhealthy food is bad for them, and I'm not jealous of health problems. I will work hard to become very healthy, and I'll enjoy all of the food that I eat. There is no reason to be jealous of anyone."

Another untrue though? "I can never eat chocolate cake". True thought "Once I get to a healthy place, I can occasionally eat chocolate cake too!"


GIVE THIS PROCESS A TRY. IT'S GUARANTEED TO TAKE YOUR LIFE FROM SO/SO TO AMAZING.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Feel happier, right now!

My response to: 18 Ugly Truths About Modern Dating That You Have To Deal With

When you're dating...how to avoid sociopaths